The Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Systems Association (UAVS) is a non-for-profit organisation funded solely by membership subscriptions. It is independent and dedicated to promoting its members and their and the unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) industry's interests and is the world's longest established trade association devoted exclusively to the UAS community. It represents the UAS manufacturing and system integration industry to UK government and UK regulators and works towards the safe, integrated and effective utilisation of these systems in civil and commercial roles. The influence the UK has on worldwide regulation and operation of UAS means that UAVS' role is both important and essential. More....
- The means for active collaboration between UAVS members to form a stronger and more cohesive UAS industry
- A professional framework for manufacturers and operators to work within
- Access to information on best practice, accredited suppliers and services, certified aircraft, pilot comptence and the latest regulatory requirements
- The positive interaction between civil, commercial and military manufacturers and operators and the transfer of skills between communities
- A recognised voice for the UAS industry in the UK at the political level to government and to the UK airspace regulators:
- Formulating the future use of shared airspace both in the UK and worldwide
- Addressing the public perception of UAS
- Promoting of the ecological, environmental, societal and humanitarian benefits of these systems.
UAVS welcomes the following new members:
- Alta Devices, Inc. (US)
- Assystems UK
- Auticas Ltd
- Beyond Horizon Aerial Services (Sarawak)
- Dragonfly UAV Technologies
- ERA Technology Ltd
- Horizon AP
- LEIDAR UK
- MASA Ltd
- Navmar Applied Sciences (US)
- TSO Imaging Ltd
The 2012 Conference Season is well under under way and here are some future dates for PDAs and diaries:
24-Jun-13 : 15th International RPAS Conference : Brussels
15-Jul-13 : Global Intelligent Systems 2013 : Farnborough
22-Oct-13 : 6th Russian RPAS Conference & Exhibition : Moscow
29-Oct-13 : 2nd Latin American RPAS Conference & Exhibition : Sao Jose dos Campos
09-Dec-13 : 2nd European RPAS Operators' Forum : Brussels
For more information on each of these and other UAS related events, please visit the Events page. All the above events including RPAS in their title are coordinated by UVS International in Paris.
Joining UAVS is easy.
Just follow the registration process on this website.
Membership categories are:
- Large Companies
- Medium Companies
- Small Companies
- Related Organisations
- Academic Institutions
- Sole Traders or Partnerships
- Sub 20 Organisation
Subscription rates reflect the
size of the member organisation.
UAVS welcomes members from around the world.
UAVS circulates a NewsCast every quarter keeping members and other contacts informed about developments within the UAS world.
To see the latest NewsCast, click here.
Other news is divided between UAVS News, UAVS Member News and UAS Industry News.
As much as this website has some information on the history and evolution of UAS, there are more authoritive tomes on the subject. UAVS recommends two recent publications.
For more information on these books, click here.
UAVS' Library carries a host of freely available and restricted circulation information. To access restricted circulation information you do need to be signed in as a member.
T: +44 (0) 777 560 4045
UAVS was formed in 1998 and has been the recognised UK industry representative body on UAS matters since then. The Association is administered by a Council, made up of members prepared to provide their time, knowledge and expertise to further UAVS' effectiveness. More....
| || || |